Jamal Al-Din Yusef Al-Estadar Mosque It is located in the Al-Timbeksha neighborhood branching from Al-Jammaliah Street.
It was established in the year 1407 AD / 811 AH by Prince Jamal Al-Din Yusef Al-Astadar, who was born in the city of Al-Bireh in Palestine to a father who worked as a preacher, so he grew up as a memorizer of the Qur’an and was dressed as a clergyman.
After the death of his father, he traveled to Cairo in the year 1368 AD and took off the uniform of the clergy to engage in state jobs until he reached the position of administrator.
Al-Istidar is the supervisor of all the homes of the Sultan, including kitchens, entourage, expenses, and clothing. He was known for his abuse, severity and endowment rape, so that the land on which he built his mosque was one of the lands he seized. In 1409 AD, Sultan Faraj bin Barquq became angry with him and ordered his imprisonment and confiscation of all his money and property and he was severely tortured to admit the location of the money.
Finally he was executed by beheading, bringing a tragic end to a busy life.